1. What Data We Get
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your consumption of content, and data from third-party platforms you connect with Answered.SG. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use Answered.SG. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect. When you create an account and use the Services, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
- Account Data: In order to use certain features (like accessing content), you need to create a user account which requires us to collect and store your email address, password, and account settings. To create an educator’s account, we collect and store your name, email address, password, and account settings. As you use certain features on the site, you may be prompted to submit additional information including bank details, ID information, verification photo, date of birth, race/ethnicity, skill, occupation, interests, and phone number. Upon account creation, we assign you a unique identifying number.
- Profile Data: You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, headline, biography, language, website link, social media profiles, country, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
- Shared Content: Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews about content, asking or answering questions, sending messages to educators or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
- Educational Content Data: When you access content, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed; content purchases and credits; subscriptions; your exchanges with educators, and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted. If you are an educator, we store your educational content which may contain data about you.
2. Who we share your data with
For students, we will share your data such as subscription time and name of students to educators. We will share your data such as payment details and email account to Third Party such as Payment platforms as necessary to facilitate normal business operations. For educators, we will share you content to subscribed and all students as necessary or appropriate. We may provide your data as necessary with the below parties
- Other Students: When students subscribed to your courses, you agree to allow Answered.sg to provide full access to all content in the subscribed course as stipulated in the timeline for the course.
- Other Service Provider: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- Promotion and Advertising: We may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions, as required by applicable law), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey. If we decide to use an advertising-supported revenue model in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools, to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience (through behavioral advertising), and to undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect about you.
- Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Answered.sg, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
- Change in Control: If Answered.sg undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
- After Aggregation / De-identification: We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose.
Answered.SG takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Answered.SG, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact us via our “contact us” at homepage with any concerns.
4. Data Deletion
Answered.sg provides user with full control over their data, including what data is retained and what data is deleted. In the event, if users requires the deletion to part of or all of the data in our database with regard to the user, an email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify Answered.sg. Once the request is approved, Answered.sg will execute the request accordingly.
5. Updates and Contact info
When Answered.sg changes its policy, we will update in our website. Changes becomes effective the day they are posted. Please contact us at “contacts us” at homepage in case of dispute.